What is Theater of the Sea?
Our mission is to provide a wonderful home for our animals while sharing them with visitors in ways that inspire awareness and sensitivity towards animals, the environment, and conservation issues.
At Theater of the Sea watch up close and personal DOLPHIN SHOWS, sea lion shows, parrot shows, and much more!
A pioneer in animal interactive programs, at Theater of the Sea you can…
SWIM WITH A DOLPHIN… SWIM WITH A SEA LION… Wade, Meet and Paint with a Dolphin… Meet and Paint with a Sea Lion… Swim with the Rays… Swim with the Sharks… and Meet the Sea Turtles!
Our 30 minute dolphin swims include BOTH trained behaviors like dorsal tows, kisses, and hugs as well as swimming and snorkeling with dolphins.
We offer a variety of animal interaction programs for various ages and prices. Programs are available daily and include admission to our dolphin, sea lion, and parrot shows, guided marine life tour, lagoon-side beach, and bottomless boat ride.
Theater of the Sea is family owned and operated since 1946 and one of the oldest marine mammal facilities in the world. The lagoons and lush, tropical gardens are home to Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, California sea lions, sea turtles, tropical and game fish, sharks, stingrays, alligators, marine invertebrates, and birds.
- Swam with the dolphins here on my 23rd birthday and I can't rave enough about it! The entire experience was great and intimate, with only 4 of us swimming, and absolutely a dream come true! The parrot, dolphin, and sea lion shows were great. The staff at Nicky's Grill were wonderful and the wildlife around the park, including stingrays, parrot fish, sea turtles, alligators, crocodiles, iguanas, barracudas, trigger fish, etc. make this place the perfect trip for any animal/sea lover. The staff and animal trainers were amazing and the bottomless boat show was incredible. A special thanks to the staff for being absolutely accommodating of my quadriplegic boyfriend, I would definitely love to be back, it was the best birthday gift EVER!Valerie G.
- We love this place! I have been visiting this place for the last 10 years or so. Consistently great service, consistently great shows. Dolphin shows and sea lion shows are great - staff is well experienced and very knowledgeable. AT the back of the park there is a small beach with a variety of different parrotfish you can feed - my son had a blast swimming with them. Rates are extremely reasonable. This is a Mom & Pop Keys kind of joint. The kind of place I just love. If you want commercialism and to pay some CEO your hard earned dollars you won't find it here. If you want a genuine, smalltown, neighborly venue - where you can feel safe letting your kids wander nearby and explore this is the place for you. Friendly people, well kept store and park, and super reasonable prices. Beautiful plants, well cared for animals. Parking was free and easy. Bring towels, a bathing suit, and snorkel if you have one.Laurie K.
- One of the most personable sea life shows I've been to. I would def recommend to bring the fam and enjoy. About 3.5 hours worth.D. A.
- This place rocks. Had a blast with my wife and 2 kids (under 10). Really a great flow to the shows and you are SO close to all the animals. My daughter got to pet the dolphin for free, just as part of the show. Sorry Sea World, but from now on, this is where I hope to visit. Gift shop was great and very well stocked and they didn't gouge us on prices. Overall $115 for a family of 4 is a lot, but any large aquarium where your elbow to elbow and 50 ft away from All the animals is at least this much. I spent some time online trying to find photos and reviews to decide if this is what we should spend our remaining $ on, soooo worth it. Can't wait to go back again someday.Kent A.
- Excellent place to get up close and personal with many varieties of animals. I researched all the dolphin program's in the Keys and picked this one for my 9 year old daughter to have a swim experience. The staff far exceeded my expectation. Our dolphin trainer/handler was amazing. She truly cared about my daughter's experience while obviously loving what she does. The in water experience was a lot more then any of the other places offer. The park was not crowded so we could interact with the other exhibits without other people leaning over our shoulders. Great snorkling beach for when it heats up in the day. A++++ for all the staff from the ladies who checked us in to the mammal trainers. Great day and worth every penny.Jennifer S.