Explore local islands and snorkel the coral reef on Theater of the Sea’s 4 hour Adventure and Snorkel Cruise that covers 13 miles on the Atlantic Ocean and Florida Bay.
Most locals will tell you that to really experience the Florida Keys you have to be on or beneath the water. Theater of the Sea’s Adventure and Snorkel Cruise is perfect for enjoying breathtaking views while cruising the islands and snorkeling the crystal water. Led by an experienced captain aboard a spacious and comfortable 30 foot “Parker” boat for up to 6 passengers, there is a shaded Bimini top covering the center of the boat, plenty of cushioned seating, and a large cooler to keep your drinks and snacks chilled. The captain will teach you about the history and ecology of the area as well as identify marine life.
- Visit Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park. Take a step back into the past and tour the Matheson House built in 1919. This once private island has changed little over the years Lignumvitae is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. On these days there is a second reef stop for snorkeling or the Captain will have alternative suggestions.
- Explore Indian Key Historic State Park. Learn about this ghost town’s colorful history of Indians, explorers, wreckers, and pirates. There is a $2.50 fee per person payable directly to Florida State Parks if landing on either island.
- Feed the tarpon fish at Robbie’s Marina, a favorite activity for both residents and visitors.
- Snorkel the coral reef. Mask, snorkel, fins, and vest are provided.
- Boat details: 25.5 foot “Parker” boat for up to 6 passengers with a licensed captain, bimini top, cushioned seating, and a cooler for your refreshments. The Captain will explain the history and ecology of the area and identify marine life.
- Suggested items to bring: swimsuit, cover up, towel, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, camera, binoculars, refreshments
- Meet at Pelican Cove Marina across the street from Theater of the Sea. Park at the marina or in the rear lot at Theater of the Sea. The captain reserves the right to change destinations or cancel due to weather.
Private Adventure Cruise: $550 (up to 6 participants) Price does not include tax or service charge. Each ticket holder is entitled to 20% off of the cost of general admission to Theater of the Sea.
Times: 8:30am and 12:30pm daily
Age Restrictions: Must be at least 3 years old for the Adventure and Snorkel Cruise
Duration: 4 hours