Theater of the Sea Animal Care and Training interns work alongside animal care staff to feed and care for dolphins, sea lions, sea turtles, tropical fish, sharks, stingrays, and marine invertebrates.
Interns are trained to assist with fish preparation, exhibit upkeep, shows and programs, and animal feeds through observation, discussion and participation with employees and by completing assigned reading materials. They are given several written quizzes to evaluate their progress.
Interns work an eight hour day, five days a week for a three month duration. Interns are paid minimum wage.
University accreditation for completion of the internship program is common and must be coordinated by the student through their school. Theater of the Sea will provide validation of participation upon completion.
Questions can be addressed to the internship coordinator at email@example.com.
January to April
- Application Deadline October 1
- Notification Date by November 1
April to July
- Application Deadline January 1
- Notification Date by February 1
July to October
- Application Deadline April 1
- Notification Date by May 1
October to January
- Application Deadline July 1
- Notification Date by August 1