Theater of the Sea is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Theater of the Sea accepts applications for all animal care departments. Please visit us during park business hours to fill out an application or you can apply online by clicking on the available position and fill out the form.
Furthermore you can contact us via email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Current available positions:
Theater Of The Sea is seeking a clean-cut, flexible, friendly, positive, team player for our parrot department.
Parrot staff is responsible for basic routine duties such as, shows, cleaning, diet preparation, public interaction, training, husbandry, and maintenance of all of our parrots and props. This is a full-time position and all applicants must be willing to work any days, as we are open 365 days a year. The weather in South Florida is hot and humid. Our staff works outside in these conditions, rain or shine. The cost of living in the Florida Keys is very high. The Florida Keys are remote islands about an hour drive from Miami. The job can be physically strenuous. Employees should be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Benefits for full time employees:
- Medical and dental insurance are available after a 90-day probationary period. Theater of the Sea pays 35% the first year, 50% the second year and 65% the third year and 100% after the third year. Free banking at CAPITAL BANK of the Florida Keys. Eligible for 401 K after 2 years.
- 20% discount in the gift shop and grill/snack bar.
- Free admission to Florida Attractions Association facilities.
- Paid half hour lunch.
- 5 paid vacation days after the first year; 10 paid vacation days for subsequent years.
- Free admission on Theater of the Sea’s Adventure and Snorkel Cruise (dependent on availability)
- Employee’s immediate family members are granted complimentary general admission to the park. Friends may receive a 20% discount on general admission to the park.